Frequently Asked Questions

Should I rent or purchase from Bo Phillips?

Should I rent or purchase from Bo Phillips?
The answer depends on two questions:

1) What is the duration of your job?

2) Will you need this equipment in the future?

Once we have these answers, our estimators can develop a comparison analysis so you can make an informed decision.

Does Bo Phillips have a "rent-to-own" program?

Bo Phillips does not have a formal "rent-to-own" program.

Does Bo Phillips provide delivery and pickup?

Yes. Within a 35 mile radius of metro-Atlanta, our radio/GPS dispatched trucks provide free delivery on most purchases or charge a small fee for rental items. Outside the 35 mile radius, a per-mile trip charge is applied. This charge may vary due to fuel cost fluctuations.

Does Bo Phillips set up traffic control devices?

Only if the workzone is set up and maintained on a daily basis by Bo Phillips Company will our insurance coverage and legal liability allow us to place traffic control devices. We often provide our customers with assistance in the placement of their equipment.

Does Bo Phillips provide installation of work zone signs?

Yes. We can install advance warning signs on channel post. However we cannot do it "right away" because we are required by law to locate and mark the location of the sign and have it cleared by the Utilities Protection Center prior to installation. Signs may be placed on stands for periods of 72 hours or less.

Does Bo Phillips provide traffic control plans?

Yes. Our ATSSA certified personnel can create a computer generated TCP using work zone information provided by you (such as linear footage, time duration, number of lanes, lane width, posted speed). Pricing for TCP plans vary with complexity.

We also do site evaluations for an additional charge.

Does Bo Phillips provide certified flaggers?

We do not provide certified flaggers. We do sell and rent flagger equipment such as safety vests, flags, and stop/slow paddles. We can provide you with information regarding flagger training and turn-key flagger services.

Does Bo Phillips manufacture signs?

Yes. At our manufacturing site, we use the correct plastic or aluminum substrate to make permanent DOT signs (stop, yield, speed limit, etc.), advance warning signs (road work, lane closed, men working, etc) and other control signs (parking, handicapped, fire lanes) designed for exterior use.

For specific information, please contact us directly at 770-939-6115.

Deposits are required for large custom sign orders.

Does Bo Phillips offer volume discounts?

We offer discounts on some mass-produced items such as traffic drums, traffic cones, and sign posts. Most discounts are order-specific and the entire order must be picked-up or delivered at the same time unless prior arrangements have been made.

For more information, please call 770-939-6115.

What is the MUTCD?

The Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) is published by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). The manual contains all national design, application, and placement standards, guidance, options, and support provisions for traffic control devices. Part 6 of the MUTCD relates to Temporary Traffic Control.

For more information on the MUTCD,

Have Questions?

Trust Bo Phillips to have the right solution for your safety needs.